[Pythonmac-SIG] Recurring question - which python should I use?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Mar 15 12:20:12 CET 2006

> The depends on what the application is. If the application is a GUI
> application you can use py2app to build an application bundle, that
> will include the python framework inside the application (unless you
> use Apple's python).

What's the "framework"?  If that's the entire Python interpreter and
library, installed in a way that can't interfere with whatever the
user is using for whatever *other* Python needs they have on their
machine -- that's what I'd need if I were to use something other than
the system Python.

> Building a .pkg is also quite easy, see Mac/OSX/Dist in the python24-fat
> tree for the code that is used to build the univeral binary installer.

Yes, I've got my own python program that builds .pkg installers.

Bill