[Pythonmac-SIG] Download page on www.python.org now updated

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Mar 2 23:28:24 CET 2006

> That's just one icon, we need several icons. At least we now have a
> consistent set of icons. An historical looking set of icons, but a *set*
> of icons.

Yes, I comprehend, several different icons for the various
applications are needed.  The base logo is just a starting place.

> > Surely better to act up front!  More snakes on the web page!
>
> But Python isn't named after snakes ;-) ;-)

Doesn't matter.  The dominant connotation is snakish, and therefore
scary to susceptible folk.  I think they should be gently steered
towards "Lisp" (unfortunate connotation there) or perhaps "Ruby" (hard
to argue with that connotation).

Bill