[Pythonmac-SIG] Error compiling agg.cxx on Mac OS X, python 2.5b2

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jul 27 19:45:48 CEST 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Rob Hetland wrote:

> I'm trying out the brand new python2.5b2.  One of the reasons I am
> excited to upgrade is that ctypes are included in the new python,
> and this is pretty hard to get going by hand on the intel Macs
> because of an absent libffi.

Also, it's not "hard to get going". The 0.9.9.9 release [1] should
work fine, and I know from experience that the SVN trunk [2] also
works fine. Hard to find perhaps, because the ctypes site hasn't been
updated... but the sourceforge link on the ctypes homepage does lead
you to the most recent release.

FYI, I think that all current versions of ctypes still have stack
alignment bugs on Mac OS X i386 that will cause unexpected crashes.
Ronald fixed these bugs in the PyObjC libffi, but I don't believe
that those fixes have migrated to ctypes yet.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=71702
[2] http://svn.python.org/view/ctypes/trunk/ctypes/