[Pythonmac-SIG] "del" key in the REPL?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Jul 25 22:33:22 CEST 2006

On Jul 25, 2006, at 10:21 PM, David Warde-Farley wrote:

> Looks like readline's problem, though I've never seen this behaviour
> on the other readline-linked apps I use.

Yup, its a readline issue. The universal 2.4.3 installer was build
using a static copy of libreadline, but didn't include some post-
release patches for readline. For some reason the readline developers
seem to think that shipping post-release patches instead of doing
micro-releases is a good idea.

I've fixed this for the 2.5 installer, and didn't have time yet to
build a new version of the 2.4 installer.

Ronald