[Pythonmac-SIG] How to get pyFltk installed?

mariocape blafusel1 at mac.com
Sat Jul 22 20:35:40 CEST 2006

Hi Group -

I just started working with Python and fltk at my job, using RH linux
boxes.

Of course I'd like to continue playing with it at home, running MacOS
X 10.4.7
on a PowerBook (GCC 3.3, Python 2.4)

I installed/compiled fltk v1.1.7 into /usr/local/lib without any
glitches.

I downloaded pyFltk v1.1.1 and already got several warnings and error
messages
during the build process.

I tried the install anyways - when trying to import fltk in python, I
get this:

 >>> import fltk
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/fltk.py", line 11, in ?
     import _fltk
ImportError: dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_fltk.so, 2): Symbol not
found: _glClear
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_fltk.so
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

Did any of your get this to work? There was mentioning of how to
install it
on OS X on the pyfltk site, but I can't make much sense of it...

Any help greatly appreciated!