[Pythonmac-SIG] Drag and Drop Launch of whatever.py?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 21 02:11:06 CEST 2006

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> That's kinda strange, maybe PythonLauncher is broken. I don't think
> anyone has paid attention to it in a few years.

Last I tried, it worked. The trick was to make sure that *.py files were
associated with. I don't remember how to do that, though.

> You might want to try using py2app to create actual application
> bundles from your scripts, though.

Again, I see the need for py2app to be able to create "applets" --
Application bundles that depend on the installed Python. maybe one of
these days I'll take the time to figure out Py2App enough to do it.

By the way, Bob, thanks for the new py2App, it seems to be working well.
Is there a way to get it (and setuptools) in?:

pythonmac.org/packages

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov