[Pythonmac-SIG] Drag and Drop Launch of whatever.py?

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at eku.edu
Fri Jul 21 00:53:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

I can start gui python apps by the command line

$: python whatever.py

or if I chmod u+x whatever.py then a simple

$: whatever.py

will do the job.

I am running python 2.4.3 on a mac ppc box with the lastest OS version.

I would like a quick way to start the app by either double-click a
*.py file or drag it
onto a "launcher". ( CD'ing to the app folder or navigating a folder
hierarchy gets
aggravating...

If I try to drag onto the python launcher I get a "Can't open foo.py"
message.
(or nothing happens)

If I drag onto the IDLE Icon the file opens the editor, choosing run
module
will sometimes "do nothing"/Complain that the app needs pythonw"/
launch a
window that that can't become frontmost...

Is there a way to config PythonLauncher to launch python apps? what have
I screwed up....

Thanks,

Jerry