[Pythonmac-SIG] [ANN] py2app 0.3.2

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jul 20 20:17:51 CEST 2006

I found some time to rewrite the documentation for py2app to
correspond to 0.3.2, and I've made some minor updates since the 0.3.1
release.

The only change of real note in 0.3.2 is the changes I've made to the
py2applet script. It now supports taking --options, and there's a new
--make-setup option (for py2applet only) that will create a template
setup.py instead of building the application. e.g. "py2applet --make-
setup MyApp.py datafiles..." will generate a setup.py that would do
what py2applet would've done on its own.

If you have 0.3.x installed, simply "easy_install -U py2app" to upgrade.

If not, installation/upgrade instructions are in the docs:
http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html

Note that only Universal Python 2.4.3 is tested/supported at this
point. Other framework builds might work, non-framework builds
probably won't. Python 2.5 should work, but I believe that requires
the trunk of setuptools to be installed.

Also, plugin building hasn't been tested at all in the 0.3 series and
is almost definitely broken (the bootstrap code in main.m probably
needs to change a bit). It's also not at all documented (because I
don't think it works).