[Pythonmac-SIG] [Numpy-discussion] Packaging numpy with py2app

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Jul 19 23:17:06 CEST 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 1:14 PM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> This should work in svn (r13). You can easily run the development
>> version straight from a svn checkout:
>> svn co http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk py2app
>> cd py2app
>> python setup.py develop
>
> A get:
>
> Fetching external item into 'py2app2/ez_setup'
> svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.eby-sarna.com': Operation timed out
>
> But I thought I'd try it anyway:
>
> python setup.py develop
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 3, in ?
>     import ez_setup
> ImportError: No module named ez_setup
>

> I had this same problem the other day, and just put the latest copy
> of ez_setup.py that I had in there. Somehow that doesn't seem
> right, however.

Sounds like you're behind some kind of gnarly proxy or firewall that
doesn't let you talk to SVN servers that aren't behind HTTP (svn
protocol, TCP port 3690).

I'm not going to "fix" this, because that would require me
maintaining copies of ez_setup in all of my projects (which change
every time setuptools is released). I suggest you talk to your
network admin and plead with them to open that up. In the meantime
the workaround is to download "ez_setup.py" as you have done and use
--ignore-externals every time you do "svn up".