[Pythonmac-SIG] Psycopg2 package fails on Intel Mac

jacobian.33809303 at bloglines.com jacobian.33809303 at bloglines.com
Tue Jul 18 05:49:58 CEST 2006

Howdy folks --

It appears that the psycopg2 package at pythonmac.org/packages
doesn't work on (my) MacIntel:

    jacob at dorkbook:~$ python
    Python
2.4.3 (#1, Apr  7 2006, 10:54:33)
    [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build
5250)] on darwin
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for
more information.
    >>> import psycopg2
    Traceback (most recent call
last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py",
line 60, in ?
        from _psycopg import BINARY, NUMBER, STRING, DATETIME,
ROWID
    ImportError: Failure linking new module: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so:
Symbol not found: _krb5_free_principal
      Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so

      Expected in: dynamic lookup

The universal packages page on the wiki
makes it seem as if I should expect this package not to work, but I'm not
sure if that's up-to-date.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this breakage
expected?

Also: if someone can point me towards what's been done on psycopg2
so far I'd happily spend some time hacking on building it from source.  I've
given it about 10 minutes and not gotten anywhere, but as long as I'm not
duplicating effort I'll keep poking.

Thanks!

Jacob