[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with open_app Action Event

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 14 21:17:51 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 08:43:53PM +0200, Stefan Holmer wrote:
> I'm writing the application in Python using the MiniAEFrame module which
> comes with MacPython. I've built it mostly like the example test class
> in MiniAEFrame named _Test.

Try using aemreceive, part of appscript
(http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/appscript.html) instead
of MiniAEFrame - it's a much better version.

A script I wrote using aemreceive is here:

<http://dev.sabi.net/trac/dev/browser/trunk/RetroStatus/RetroStatus.py>

It's extremely special-purpose, but should give you some ideas.

There are also some examples (and documentation) included with appscript.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>