[Pythonmac-SIG] Install

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Jul 12 03:12:22 CEST 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Robert Anton Patterson wrote:

> Mac OS X - 10.4.6
>
> MYSQL version: 5.0.20a-standard + Apache 2 installed through
> WebServer X Kit
> ( www.rbsoftware.net/?page=wsxk)
>
> X-Code is upto date - I just re-installed the newest version off
> the Apple
> Developers site.
>
> GCC info:
>
> [Kolkata:~/desktop/mysql-python] anton% gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/specs
> Thread model: posix
>
> gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1640)

That doesn't sound right, GCC 4 is the default compiler for Mac OS X
10.4. Have you been messing with gcc_select? I'd try setting it back
to the default compiler first ("sudo gcc_select 4").

> Any thoughts?

Could be that the WebServer X kit installs bogus libraries. I've used
MySQLdb on OS X before and it worked just fine, but I don't recall
where I installed MySQL from. Probably the official release from
mysql.com.