[Pythonmac-SIG] Building python 2.4.3 on OSX 10.3.9

Michael Glassford glassfordm at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 9 03:31:14 CEST 2006

Ronald Oussoren wrote:

>>> XCode 2.3
>>
>> When you haven't XCode installed, how come you have gcc?
>
> IIRC Xcode 1.5 installs on 10.3.9.
>
> Michael, do you have a /Developer folder on your system?
I do.

> If you do you
> have some edition of the developer tools installed.

All that was in it were the SDKs I had installed (10.3.9, QuickDraw,
CoreAudio; all of which were necessary to fix specific build errors).
There was no XCode stuff. I've finally found the Panther install CD and
now have XCode 1.5 installed. I've finally successfully build Python
2.4.3, but am now running into other problems building my application. I
haven't the time to look into them very deeply yet. They look like
QuickTime errors, though I don't know why I should be getting those as
the QuickTime SDK is installed. I'll report back if I can't figure it out.

Mike