[Pythonmac-SIG] universal binary installer, take 1

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Feb 28 22:07:57 CET 2006

I've placed a DMG with an installer for a universal build of python
2.4.2. This is an initial release of this installer, there are
probably issues with it.

This installer features:
- a universal binary of Python.framework
- readline 5.1
- sleepycat db 4.4
- IDLE with Mac keybindings
- Python Documentation, both in IDLE and pydoc
- pythonw and python are equivalent
- the installer will update your shell profile if needed

Known issues:
- "regrtest -uall" crashes somewhere in test_db3 (bus error)
- I haven't tested this version on Intel or OSX 10.3 yet.
- This version cannot build extensions on OSX 10.3, or any other
system without Xcode 2.2.1 and the 10.4u SDK.

The installer is here: http://homepage.mac.com/ronaldoussoren/.Public/
Universal%20MacPython%202.4.2.dmg

Ronald