[Pythonmac-SIG] Download page on www.python.org now updated

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue Feb 28 07:59:41 CET 2006

On 27-feb-2006, at 22:46, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>>> Guido has just announced (at his PyCon keynote) that the new web
>>> site
>>> (see beta.python.org) is going live a week from tomorrow (or Sunday,
>>> March 5), and has requested help migrating the content.
>
>     Bill> I see that the content on the "downloads" page is
> different on the
>     Bill> beta site, and wrong w.r.t. MacPython.  Is that page
> (currently in
>     Bill> rest format) going to be replaced with the page from the
> current
>     Bill> web site (also wrong)?  Should I just fix it?
>
> I just converted it yesterday.  Does this page
>
>     http://beta.python.org/download/mac/
>
> still look wrong to you?  It's got the python-squeezing-the-apple
> icon for
> me.  If that's not the case for you perhaps you just need to do a page
> reload or empty your browser's cache (or your proxy server's cache).

The page looks fine, but it might be better to remove the icon or
replace it
by the current MacPython icon (the 16 ton weight). It's not that I don't
like the snake, but some people claim a lifelike snake will scare some
(potential) users and furthermore the snake-icon isn't actually used by
MacPython (yet?).

Ronald