[Pythonmac-SIG] not appear

Michael Barber mjb at uma.pt
Fri Feb 17 13:10:22 CET 2006

Linda,

I'm a little confused about the difficulty you're having. Recent
messages on this mailing list, particularly one from Larry Meyn on
Feb 6, appear to have the usual solutions for setting the path. I
suspect I know what the problem is, but might be way off because I'm
not too sure what you've actually done and how your system is set-up.
To shed a little light on what you have, and hopefully what's gone
wrong, open a new Terminal window and paste in the following line:

cd; ls -A; cat .*profile; ps; echo "$PATH"; which python2.4

Cut and paste the results into your reply. This should make clear
exactly what shell you're using, what files you've already got to
configure it and what their contents are, what your path currently
looks like, and where your python2.4 is installed.

--
Michael