[Pythonmac-SIG] Interesting Open Source Project: Cocoa Dialog

Daniel Lord daniel at brightfire.com
Wed Feb 15 06:09:23 CET 2006

(Unless of course its been mentioned here before and then in the
words of SNL's immortal Emily Latella: "Never mind!")

CocoaDialog seems to fill that gap between the command-line and
PyObjC providing a 'quick and dirty' GUI interface for scripts
(Python. Perl. Shell, Ruby, etc.)
I just found it while 'googling up'  up some AppKit NSTextContainer
subtleties I was having trouble figuring out and I thought I'd pass
it along. How Google put those two together I'll never know ;-)

Clearly it doesn't replace PyObjC's power and breadth, but it might
have a place in the toolbox for smaller projects. Kind of a Growl/
Display Dialog artifice.

http://cocoadialog.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

Daniel