[Pythonmac-SIG] final? try at new MacPython download page

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 14 20:11:44 CET 2006

Charles Hartman wrote:
> The two big topics -- topics that loomed large for me when I started
> trying to figure out whether I wanted to use Python on the Mac --
> aren't really addressed yet: alternative IDEs (Wing, SPE, PyOXIDE if
> it were working, etc) and GUI libraries (especially wxPython).

> If these doesn't go on the first page -- I guess the consensus may be
> against this -- then shouldn't they go in the FAQ?

They should go in the Wiki, one page for each topic. The topics are too
big for a FAQ.

One of us needs to start writing them.

> I see wxPython
> mentioned there, very much in passing, and with a virtual deprecation
> in the same sentence

That may be out of date info. wxPython has improved a LOT in recent
releases. It's a Wiki, we can update it.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov