[Pythonmac-SIG] problems with 2.4.1 installer

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Tue Feb 14 03:44:03 CET 2006

> > At the moment, I'd suggest changing the name of this folder to just
> > "Python", and putting just "IDLE" and the "Tools" subfolder in it.
>
> We will be removing the irrelevant apps (PythonIDE, PackageManager).
> The version number is going to stay.  I'm ambivalent as to whether it
> should be "Python" or "MacPython".  "MacPython" has slight preference
> because that's how it's been for years.

I'd suggest Python because it's easier to see and react to, and Python
is pretty standard on the Mac these days -- I think calling it
MacPython will just need explaining and cause confusion.  People think
they're installing "Python".

How about "Python 2.4"?  Getting rid of the hyphen would also help
with the visual cognition.

> I see no reason to remove either BuildApplet or PythonLauncher for
> this release.

Fine, you're the expert.  As long as they both work and aren't
deprecated.

Bill