[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython Icon

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Feb 13 23:37:19 CET 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 2:12 PM, Trent Mick wrote:

>> On Feb 13, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>>
>>> I just remembered something else that needs to be done some time:
>>> create better icons, it's time to leave the 10 ton weight behind
>>> (or at the very least the current rendition of it). I won't do this
>>> though, given my skills in that deparment the icons would get worse
>>> instead of better.
>
> Someone might want to politely approach Jasper Hauser:
>
>     http://www.jasperhauser.nl/icon/
>     Under certain circumstances I'm willing to work (partially) for
> free
>     on products if they are and stay freeware or opensource
> software. I
>     have done so for both Camino and Adium, please email or message me
>     and perhaps we will talk it over.
>
> He is even Dutch (or at least lives in the Netherlands)! :)

If someone does approach him or another person to do some design
work, we should probably specify that we want something:

1. Monty Python related (to avoid the annoying offensive imagery
arguments)
2. Doesn't even come close to infringing any trademarks (no apple, etc.)

The problem with these constraints is that it's REALLY hard to come
up with something that's recognizable.  At least with the ugly 16 ton
weight icon suite we have something people are probably used to :)