[Pythonmac-SIG] Fink vs. MacPython

Markus markus at johalla.de
Sat Feb 11 21:48:42 CET 2006

Hi!

Somewhere deep in the latest discussion I read a remark by Bob that
he would not recommend the use of Finks python (there also was
another that he didn't like Debian so that may explain it :)

I came from Debian to OS X and nearly the first thing I did was to
install Fink and thusly python. The three extensions I needed so far
did install with 'python setup.py install' and everything works fine
for me.

So why is Fink 'bad'? Am I missing some features I would have had
with MacPython?

thanks,
Markus