[Pythonmac-SIG] current state of scripting: appscript vs. aeve?

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Sat Feb 11 04:30:24 CET 2006

Bob wrote:

>>It seems that the gensuitemodule is still the way to go.
>
>Definitely not.  It hasn't ever worked very well on OS X.  IIRC, it  can't even do Finder correctly (either that or iTunes, I forget which).

Yup. gsm's always been a bit flaky, and now appears to be pining for the fjords too [1].

I'll see about cleaning up the relevant wiki pages when I've some spare time; that AppleScript page is hardly appealing.

has

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2006-February/016133.html
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/