[Pythonmac-SIG] My stab at a new page

Rodney Somerstein rodneys at io.com
Sat Feb 11 03:04:13 CET 2006

At 11:58 AM -0800 2/10/06, Christopher Barker wrote:
>Rodney Somerstein wrote:
>>. It would be really nice to have a more basic introduction to what
>>py2app actually does.
>
>Why don't you write that, put it in the Wiki, then ask this list for
>technical review. That's what Wikis are for, and I think often
>recent newbies are the best people to write newbie docs, when you
>still remember what questions you have.

Thanks for the suggestion. I suppose I should have expected this when
I posted. While I can explain the basic concept of what py2app does,
my knowledge pretty much stops there. Given that I'm not much beyond
the helloworld level or using Python right now, I will decline for
the moment. Due to time constraints, I will not likely move much
beyond this in the short-term future. So, I could write one to two
sentences that it takes to explain the purpose of py2app. Beyond
that, someone else would need to fill in the details.

-Rodney