[Pythonmac-SIG] My stab at a new page

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Sat Feb 11 00:47:38 CET 2006

Bill Janssen wrote:
> I don't know about that.  The Mac philosophy is something like, "It
> just works".  I hear that a lot from new Mac users around here.

Linux users expect it to be installed already, or come with their
distro, but don't expect it to work without tweaking config files. ;-)

Mac users expect to have to buy it or download it and install it, but
then expect it to "just work".

That's changed a bit with OS-X and all the nice i* apps, but you still
can't get that much "real work" done on a Mac without installing some
software.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov