[Pythonmac-SIG] My stab at a new page

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Fri Feb 10 23:22:49 CET 2006

> If we get them a double-clickable installer that gets them at least
> IDLE, then they're set and they don't have to learn UNIX in the process.

I agree.  It looks like one good thing to do would be to build an
installer that installs a regular App that's just a wrapper around
IDLE (and uses the system Python).  People who just want to try Python
but don't want to install a complete separate version could use this.
Though it sounds like there are some technical issues about "just
running" IDLE on 10.3 and 10.4.  Maybe this can't be done.

The upgrade installer should also include and install such an App, but
this App (though looking identical to the other) would use the 2.4.x
upgrade install of Python.

Bill