[Pythonmac-SIG] uninstall

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Feb 10 18:47:29 CET 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 3:14 AM, linda.s wrote:

> On 2/10/06, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

>>> I installed python 2.4.2 from source.
>>> Why version matters (curious:))?
>>
>> The version number is in the path names.  Did you install it with "./
>> configure && sudo make install" or "./configure --enable-framework &&
>> sudo make frameworkinstall"?
>>
>> -bob
> "./configure && sudo make install"

That would install these files:
/usr/local/bin/python
/usr/local/bin/python2.4
/usr/local/bin/pydoc
/usr/local/bin/idle
/usr/local/bin/smptd.py
/usr/local/man/man1/python.1

And these directories:
/usr/local/include/python2.4
/usr/local/lib/python2.4

Note that if you have since installed a framework build of Python,
then /usr/local/bin/python and /usr/local/bin/python2.4 have already
been replaced and you should not delete them.