[Pythonmac-SIG] strange #!/usr/bin/pythonw behavior...

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Feb 10 05:07:49 CET 2006

I want to manipulate iCal from the command line.  Thanks to appscript it
looks like I'll be able to do what I want.

I wrote a simple skeleton script:

    #!/usr/bin/pythonw

    """
    %(prog)s - manipulate iCal
    """

    import sys
    import os
    import getopt

    from appscript import *

    ... etc ...

I made it executable and tried executing it from the bash prompt in a
Terminal window.  No go.  The system treats it like a shell script and
passes it off to the Bourne shell.  Naturally, this doesn't go over too
well.  If I run it as "/usr/bin/pythonw ical.py ..." it works just fine.

Am I missing something?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro