[Pythonmac-SIG] My stab at a new page

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Feb 9 21:25:35 CET 2006

> 1. Link to the "Macintosh Library Module": A lot of that stuff will be
> rendered obsolete the minute Bob releases the universal build of
> MacPython. PythonIDE, Package Manager, etc.: not gonna be included. At a
> minimum, you should note that this stuff is "legacy." Also, who writes
> this stuff and where should a bug be filed?
>
> 2. Ditto for "Apple Events." Does anyone use gensuitemodule or even know
> what it means? (I don't.) I don't use appscripting, but I do know enough
> to know that it's pretty much the standard way (by now) of accessing
> Apple Events? has, what do you think?

Hey, I'm linking to the official documentation.  That's what people
will use, till it changes.  All this other stuff scattered around is
blue-sky wild-ass future, till it's documented.

You can file documentation bugs at http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470.

I'd suggest category "Documentation", group "Platform-specific".

Bill