[Pythonmac-SIG] install again?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Feb 8 22:08:58 CET 2006

On 8-feb-2006, at 21:42, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 8-feb-2006, at 21:21, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>>> Having a working build environment would also be nice.  'make
>>> frameworkinstall'
>>> fails if builddir != srcdir. I'm working on this right now.
>>
>> It worked for me.. I never build in srcdir.  What's the problem?
>
> $make frameworkinstall
> gcc -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /  -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-
> long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -
> DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I../Include  -c -o
> Mac/OSX/PythonLauncher/main.o ../Mac/OSX/PythonLauncher/main.m
> lipo: can't create output file: Mac/OSX/PythonLauncher/main.o (No
> such file or directory)
>

> svn diff says that everything is fine. Maybe it's because I'm
> building a DTK system and I haven't bothered upgrading it because
> I'm running headless and didn't have a screen lying around when
> update came in.
>
> Anyway, don't like your solution for building PythonLauncher. I've
> replaced it by a Makefile.in in Mac/OSX/PythonLauncher, that way
> all logic for building
> PythonLauncher is nicely located in the Mac/OSX/PythonLauncher
> directory. I might rewrite Mac/OSX/Makefile as well now that I'm
> working on this.

The attached patch:
- Uses MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET instead of
CONFIGURE_MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET in the toplevel Makefile and
distutils
- Uses 'export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' to get the value into the
environment from the Makefile, including some configure trickery that
will only enable this line on OSX
- Moves Mac/OSX/Makefile to Mac/OSX/Makefile.in and inserts some
values using configure
- Create Mac/OSX/PythonLauncher/Makefile.in and use that to build and
install PythonLauncher.app, you should move the resource files from
the application template to Mac/OSX/PythonLauncher after applying the
patch.

BTW. I patched configure by hand.
BTW2. This just ensures make frameworkinstall works, I haven't tested
the output yet.
BTW3. What is the plan w.r.t. merging our patches back into the
python repository? I'd like to get all of this into Python 2.5 at the
very least.

Ronald