[Pythonmac-SIG] a beginner's list

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Wed Feb 8 20:28:56 CET 2006

Bill Janssen wrote:

>I can see that if you are a pre-MacOSX Mac person, used to all the
>groundbreaking UI complexity of Apple in the 80's and 90's, your view
>and your needs might be different.  Or if you are a for-Mac developer.
>But most people aren't.

A *very* good point.

Us longtime Mac-heads are thinking of the issue as "How do we market MACpython?" But we also need to appeal to folk who use PYTHON, and who just happen to be on a Mac at the time.

Sure, these folks could just as easily go to www.python.org for (almost?) all the info they need, but being on a Mac they're naturally going to approach the native community first.

I guess that makes three different market segments to consider then:

- casual scripters
- professional Mac-oriented developers
- professional Unix developers who want to use Python on OS X just the same as they'd use Python on any other *nix

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/