[Pythonmac-SIG] install_name changing

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Aug 28 10:09:59 CEST 2006

On 28-aug-2006, at 9:29, Dan White wrote:

> Hi Boyd,
>
> I am using the universal python build,
> which I guess was made with gcc comilers...

That's right.

> I think there was a license problem using the intel compilers for
> python
> where it might be used in a commercial setting.

The license is one problem, although I haven't looked very carefully
at it, let alone asked Intel to clarify possible issues.

Could someone who is using the Intel compiler say something about the
performance of resulting binaries compared to binaries created by
GCC. I'm obviously mostly interested in the speed of the python
interpreter.

Ronald