[Pythonmac-SIG] building universal pysqlite?

Kent Quirk kent_quirk at cognitoy.com
Tue Aug 22 20:42:26 CEST 2006

I'm trying to construct a current universal version of sqlite and
pysqlite. I've got pysqlite building properly (which isn't hard!), but
it was using the current (old -- 3.1.3) version of sqlite on my system,
which is incompatible with the version I'm using on another platform. So
now I'm trying to build sqlite 3.3.7. It builds, but it builds 386 only,
which then chokes the build for pysqlite. I'm sure there's a set of
patterns for how one converts a generic configure/make/make install
system to build universal, but I haven't been able to find a good source
for such information.

This isn't strictly a python question, but as it's in support of python
library compatibility, I'm hoping someone will be able to give me a
pointer or two.

    Kent