[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and Django

Rob Hudson treborhudson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 21:38:41 CEST 2006

> At this point, using the packages option, you've got nearly the same
> filesystem layout as you would normally, so it's highly unlikely py2app
> has anything to do with the problems you've experiencing.

That was my suspicion but I appreciate the feedback.

> Are you sure all of this stuff works outside of a packaged environment?

Yes.  I just double checked and the /quote/ and /admin/ work just fine.

> It sounds like your problems don't really have anything to do with
> py2app at this point. The django list would be more appropriate; these
> errors won't make any sense to anyone that doesn't have intimate
> knowledge of django's source.

Understood.  I have already posted these errors on the django-users list.

Since our goal is a cross platform solution, I may try the py2exe
version on Windows and see if the same errors occur.

Thanks again for the help,
Rob