[Pythonmac-SIG] Numeric on Intel

Gabriele Farina g.farina at pharaondev.com
Fri Aug 4 12:43:34 CEST 2006

<g.farina at pharaondev.com> wrote:

 >> Ronald Oussoren ha scritto:

Intel
 >>> What is the traceback you get when you open a python shell and try
to import numeric?

 >>> What version of python are you using? Are you using Apple's python
or have you installed some other version (the 2.4.3 universal installer
at python.org/pythonmac.org, Python from Fink, Python from DarwinPorts,
...)?

 >>> Ronald
 >>>

 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> I'm using Python 2.4.1, installed using the universal DMG found (I
 >> think, I can't remeber it very well) on the python website.
 >>
 >> The exception raised when typing "import Numeric" is:
 >>
 >> ----
 >>
 >> Traceback (most recent call last):
 >>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
 >>   File

"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Numeric/Numeric.py",

 >> line 91, in ?
 >>     import multiarray
 >> ImportError: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading
 >> ----
 >
 > This seems to be an architecture mismatch. AFAIK the 2.4.1 installer
you can find on the mac download page at python.org is not a universal
binary installer, but PPC only.  Could you please update to
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.3/Universal-MacPython-2.4.3-2006-04-07.dmg
to see if that solves your problem? At the very least python should get
twice as fast :-)

 > Ronald

Ok, I'll istall this version and then I tell you if it works correctly