[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

glenn andreas gandreas at visi.com
Fri Apr 21 15:04:02 CEST 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 7:09 AM, Zachery Bir wrote:

>>> How about just the lego brick used for components with the python
>>> logo on the side. Look in /System/Library/Components.
>>
>> I'm wary of using the brick logo, because as far as I can see Apple
>> uses them extensively for OS components.  I don't want to dilute
>> their visual meaning by co-opting the icon for something
>> different.  I agree that the box isn't great either though since
>> eggs aren't executable.
>
> A lot of Internet Plug-ins use them, and I've seen them branded by
> the developers of such. I don't think we'll be diluting much.
>
> Zac

That's because the lego brick icon is designed for "plug-ins" (i.e.,
some form of a bundle with executable code) - to see it in action,
create a new folder named "test.plugin" (and tell the Finder that
yes, you do want that extension), and you'll see it turn into the
lego brick (and if you get info, it'll even say "Kind: Plug-in")

Since a .egg is neither a bundle nor does it contain executable code,
it doesn't seem right to me.

A shaded egg with a python logo decal seems good...

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at gandreas.com
  <http://www.gandreas.com/> wicked fun!
quadrium | build, mutate, evolve | images, textures, backgrounds, art