[Pythonmac-SIG] hiding pyc files

Michael Barber mjb at uma.pt
Fri Apr 21 12:31:07 CEST 2006

All the recent discussion of icons and filetypes has got me
wondering: is there a way to get the Finder to hide all of the
bytecode files?

Presumably, this would require hiding files based on the filename
extensions. I've been unable to find anything about that with Google;
I get drowned in the flood of pages about how to hide the extensions,
which is not what I'm looking for at all. Anyone have any idea about
how it's done, or if it is even possible?

Really, it's a pity that compiled bytecode files aren't prepended
with a dot as well as getting the pyc extension.

--
Michael