[Pythonmac-SIG] wxPython -- some disappointment using it.

Stewart Midwinter midtoad at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 17:42:20 CEST 2006

> > From: Charles Hartman <charles.hartman at conncoll.edu>
> If I recall correctly, this syndrome is covered in the book. It
> happens because the diagnostic's going to a window that closes when
> the app does. Look up wx.App(redirect=True) in the index -- you can
> write the diagnostic to a file and examine it at leisure.

> > From: Saggau <saggau at gmail.com>
> Charles is right:
> http://www.wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.App-class.html

thank you Charles, thank you Saggau (and thank you Daniel for posing
the question).   I'm also new to wxPython, though I've been working
with Wax (a more pythonic layer on top of wxPython) for some months
now), and I also was having a devil of a time trying to debug a
simple app - the error window would pop up for a fraction of a second
and then disappear.

I tried your suggestion and indeed, I can read the exception message
at my leisure!

thanks again
Stewart in Calgary