[Pythonmac-SIG] weak-link libraries problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 12 03:46:08 CEST 2006

I just ran into an odd and annoying problem - I'm building a Python
library/extension thing for a package (MapServer) and have a library
weak-linked (it's to a non-open source product, this is so others
don't have to install that if they don't need it and I don't have to
build multiple versions...).  Python's import seems to ignore that, I
suspect it's doing it's own library loading thing and checking all
symbols or something.

Is this normal?  Is there a way to make Python NOT do it?  Or am I
stuck with it?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy