[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: MacPython icon mockup

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Sat Apr 8 21:37:10 CEST 2006

Hi Bill,

On Apr 7, 2006, at 3:54 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:

> Hmmm...
>
> Kevin, I wonder if the checkerboard the blocks are standing on could
> perhaps become more of a morph of the new yin/yang Python logo.  I'd
> like to see some kind of connection to the graphics being developed
> for the main Python web site.

I think trying to incorporate two icons into one would be a bit much.
I'm really not that concerned because Python for Windows has been
shipping with a green snake image for 5+ years, and almost every
project I've ever seen uses images of a green or yellow snake to
represent Python. Also, I think it's a valid point that the Python
logo is really not OS X/XP-style (It's reminiscent of BE's style to
me, actually), and I really think the best way for an icon to say "OS
X" is to be in the OS X style.

Thanks,

Kevin