[Pythonmac-SIG] is anyone annoyed with MacPython2.4's IDLE's cursor info

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Apr 8 21:26:53 CEST 2006

On 8-apr-2006, at 6:39, Nehemiah Dacres wrote:

> I just don't like it being in the same corner as the resize handle
> (mostly because it completely distorts the text underneath) so maybe
> it should be moved to the left instead of the right bottom corner. has
> anyone else had a problem with this? Is there any reason for this
> design choice? will it be changed in the future?

My guess is that this won't be changed unless someone creates a patch
that fixes these issues. I've spent some time in reordering some of the
menus for the universal build, and that was enough tkinter for me.

> While im at it, will there ever be the same kind of syntax coloring in
> "Python IDE" otherwise I'll just continue to use TextWrangler"?

You're probably better of asking about syntax coloring on the IDLE-dev
list (http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/idle-dev)

Ronald