[Pythonmac-SIG] Using distutils with XCode

Paul Kinnane pkinnane at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 30 10:02:58 CEST 2005

Hi

I am trying to port a python library which I have running on the PC to
the Mac.  Can I compile a python distribution files (compiled C) using
the distutils on OSX10.4.  I don't have CodeWarrior 7 and wondered if it
was possible to manually compile the library using XCode?  I see it is
possible using MPW
(http://www.nevada.edu/~cwebster/Python/MPWHOWTO/MPWHOWTO.html) -
however I can't run MPW without OS9.  To date, I can compile the library
in XCode, although it has trouble linking with the PythonCore library.

I've also tried compiling the library on Darwin, and get a "Symbol not
found : __cxa_pure_virtual" error when I do the import in python.

Paul