[Pythonmac-SIG] messed up Tiger python install

Christofer "Boz" Jennings boz at cox.net
Tue Sep 13 00:17:28 CEST 2005

You guys rock!

I reinstalled Tiger, MacPython and TigerPython24Fix... then changed
my path. Just for background. I was following some online blog about
installing Skencil when I got started. Someone posted a comment there
to change links in /usr/bin. SOmeone else said that would be a bad
idea. Someone else said "i've got linux admin experience and can tell
you it's definitely OK" (or some such) ... so I did it. Then I did more.

O the shame.

I was fiddling around too much without digging into it and I should
know better. Why did  I listen to a Linux Admin about OS X? Well,
pain is a good teacher... Anyway. My point is: I doubt the installer
or a more clear install README would've helped me in this case. But
maybe it would help keep those well intentioned posts from misleading
the likes of me.

Thanks for the quick response. It was just what I needed.

,boz