[Pythonmac-SIG] Drawing to the Clipboard in wxPython?

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Oct 28 21:02:46 CEST 2005

I have been searching for ways to draw to the clipboard rather than the
wxWindow/screen in a wxPython app.  I did this a long time ago in C on
Mac OS 8.  Then I could paste into drawing programs or MS Word or
whatever as a graphical object.  I could even edit the graphic in
drawing programs.  Is it doable in wxPython?

I searched the wx libraries and found a lot about SetData and AddData to
put data on the Clipboard after you open it and get ownership (not
totally sure what that all means), but I haven't a clue how to use these
object to capture drawing calls (e.g. DrawRect), if that's even the
right way to do it.

If anyone knows of any example code doing the above stuff, would you
please point me to it.  Thanks.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora