[Pythonmac-SIG] Sniff Wifi jpegs, etc.

David Warde-Farley david.warde.farley at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 6 22:17:08 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 15:50 -0400, Alexandre Quessy wrote:
> hi !
>
> I have heard somewhere that it was possible to dump TCP packets in
> order to get all the images that are sent and received through a wifi
> network. Is this possible using Python ? Thanks !

This is entirely the wrong list to ask on, I'm afraid.

That said, take a look at:

http://www.etherpeg.org/ (OS X package at the bottom).

EtherPEG's source is available (CodeWarrior...ew) and so that should
give you some hints. My guess is that it could be accomplished in Python
on the Mac with PyObjC, because PyObjC seems to rock (thanks Ron et al).

- Dave