[Pythonmac-SIG] readline support in ActivePython 2.4.2?

Gary Poster gary at modernsongs.com
Wed Nov 30 19:13:19 CET 2005

On Nov 29, 2005, at 12:41 PM, Trent Mick wrote:

> You could either build the readline module to any Python 2.4 and plop
> that in. Dropping in the readline.so from the Mac Python build should
> work to.

Thanks for the hint, Trent!  I guess I should have done that
already. :-)

More precisely, to maybe save some other not-entirely-Mac-clueful
folks like me time, if you have installed MacPython and then
ActivePython, that's

$ cd /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
$ sudo cp MacPython2.4/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/readline.so 2.4/lib/
python2.4/lib-dynload/

Works great so far.

Gary