[Pythonmac-SIG] Preferred IDE

Jon Rosebaugh chairos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:27:32 CET 2005

On 11/28/05, mark hill <markhill72 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate any recommendations as to which IDE
> to use on OS X. I understand that the MacPythonIDE has
> ceased development, and was advised to ask which IDE
> people are now using.
>
> I'm after something fairly lite. A module browser,
> basic file management etc. are all that are required,
> plus any other must have features that I don't know
> about, as I'm just getting into Python.

My favored IDE when I'm doing PyObjC work is XCode, for obvious reasons.
But when I'm not, my favored IDE is SubEthaEdit, with a couple of
python interpreters open in Terminal.

Part of this is due to the fact that I don't really trust IDEs to
manage things properly. I've never yet found a non brain-dead GUI tool
for Subversion, for instance.