[Pythonmac-SIG] readline support in ActivePython 2.4.2?

Dave davbrow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:27:13 CET 2005

I installed the ActivePython 2.4.2 binary on a clean 10.4 system.  I
also installed ipython 0.6.15.  ipython complains there is no readline
support.  I did find a readline.so file in

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/

and ipython seems to be using the 2.4.2 python version.

How can I get readline to work, especially in ipython?  Is there an
obvious fix or should I perhaps uninstall the ActivePython version and
use the 2.4.1 installer and related patches at
http://undefined.org/python/

-- David