[Pythonmac-SIG] (no subject)

Tom Elliott telliott at hsc.wvu.edu
Sat Nov 19 22:55:12 CET 2005

I have a working project using Apple's python 2.3 and the PyObjC
bridge.  I would like to build a standalone application for my co-
workers.  As I understand it, this requires using a different
python.  So I installed python 2.4.1 using Bob Ippolito's installer.
Since the PyObjC installer is set up for Apple's python, I built from
source, following what I guess are old instructions

I used:
python setup.py bdist_mpkg --open
not..
/usr/local/bin/python setup.py install 	(sym link to python2.4 sym
link to binary)

I went back and did the latter, don't know if that screws things up.
I thought py2app was supposed to be there but it wasn't, python 2.4
can't import py2app.

I finally got py2app as an installer from pythonmac.org/packages (for
py2.4).

Now I get this error trying to build my program:

TE-G4-PB:~/PyGeneFinder.EC telliott$ sudo /usr/local/bin/python
setup.py install
Password:

running install
running build
running install_data
error: mkpath: 'name' must be a string (got u'/Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/2.4/English.lproj')

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Tom Elliott