[Pythonmac-SIG] elementary puzzle

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Thu Nov 17 19:34:42 CET 2005

--and off-topic too:

I never work in Windows except to build distros, which I haven't done
for a while. I have an app that works find in OSX and that works fine
from inside the WingIDE, but when I use setup.py py2exe to build it
and InnoSetup to make an installer, and then try to run the result, I
get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "c:\python24\lib\site-packages\py2exe\boot_common.py", line
69, in ?
     import linecache
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't find module 'linecache'
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "pyprose.py", line 6, in ?
   File "os.pyc", line 62, in ?
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't find module 'ntpath'

Both linecache and ntpath are available in the Build directory
parallel to the Dist one. What really, really simple step am I
forgetting about??

Charles Hartman