[Pythonmac-SIG] AppScript code

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Sat Nov 12 16:44:38 CET 2005

Paul Davis wrote:

>First, I'd like to thank Has for the info on those errors.  I kind of
>like to think of writing AppleScript as walking blindfolded in a pitch
>dark room and constantly bumping into the furniture.

To be fair to AppleScript, these sorts of problems are the applications' fault, whether for implementing buggy or badly designed scripting support, providing inadequate user documentation, or both. Not even appscript can save you from that, I'm afraid. ;)

Still, I'll see about making appscript insert more meaningful generic descriptions for the default NS...Error messages in future; should help a little.

>I've posted a working version of a utility to import SQL schema into
>OmniGraffle.  Just thought I'd spread around some of the love.
>
>http://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/~pjdavis/DBGraffle4/

Sweet. One thing: the 'DBGraffle4.scpt' file seems to be scragged. I couldn't get it to open correctly in Script Editor; from the raw data it looks like it might be an applet, but it wouldn't open in SE as a .app either.

Re. spreading the love, you thought of building a standalone version with py2app and posting it on VersionTracker, etc.?

HTH

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/